Friday, March 20, 2009

Painting Pillows (part 2)

Recently, I had the pleasure of painting some pillows for a couple of fun little girls. Their mom has GREAT taste in decor and has decorated their rooms in bright, fun colors. Makes me think that has something to do with why they are such happy children. She sent me a couple of pictures to get get colors from and then I grabbed my brush and got to it!

I love how bold and simple this one is.

Here is a close up.


This one makes me feel like I am at Seaside, HHI, or Kiawah Island riding a bike. It also reminds me that it won't be long before the Farmer's Market opens!! I must have been thinking about all those things while I was painting.


I love the fact that this mom let me use my creativity and didn't tell me what she wanted. I do love direction on projects, but I have so much more fun when I get to dream and paint what I love! ENJOY!

3 comments:

Miss Janice said...

Darling pillows...I also love every photo in your header!!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE THEM....they are PRECIOUS! What fun colors and themes. I bet you are right...with bright colors like this the little girls have GOT to have a sunny and fun attitude and disposition!

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Girl, I am a huge fan of your pillows! E-S-T-Y! These are fabulous and the colors are wonderful. Do you make the pillows or just paint them?
~Misti