Saturday, March 28, 2009

THE Bunny!

My kids were in a little fashion show this weekend. 

IMG_0500

The local department store had their own version of the Easter Bunny within the store for photo-ops.  My kids were still in their show clothes for this picture.  My son was less than enthusiastic about modeling in front of others, so by the time I got him lined up to walk across the stage, I had promised him half the mall!

IMG_0491_edited

After my husband and looked at each other and both said, “Whew…he did it!”, we got them undressed and headed off to put quarters into every machine we could find. 

The Carousel IMG_0514

IMG_0516

Then, my son reminded me that we didn’t get to see the Easter bunny.  I reminded him that we DID see the Easter Bunny, and tried to jog his memory by showing him the picture that I had taken.  After going back and forth a bit about us sitting in his lap, talking to him, and coloring with him, my son was still upset and not pleased with my answers.  He started to tear up and said, “But mom, I want to see THE Easter Bunny…the REAL one.”  I knew exactly what he was talking about (and obviously, so did he).  So off we went…to see THE bunny…and to get another picture. 

IMG_0511

3 comments:

Jill said...

So adorable! And past the ages where they are scared to death of Easter Bunny (and Santa, etc). Maybe your children never were, but mine were always terrified for YEARS. I thought all those santa and bunny visits might scar them for life.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

This is the sweetest story. And the photos...to die for. Thank you for sharing them with us.
Also, I loved the easter decorations down below!!!

Miss Janice said...

Okay, they are just adorable!