Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Out of the Ordinary




I think that sometimes we can look at something very ordinary and never dream that it can be beautiful or make a statement with little help from a paint brush. This plain little pillow that once sat on the Dollar General Store shelf now smiles with excitement as it sits on my couch. All it took was some paint, an idea (artichokes are becoming my favorite) and a half hour. The time was the hardest thing to find!!!


The trim really added a lot to the pillow. My friend Anne has turned me on to this fabric glue stuff...no sewing required. Perfect since I do not sew!


I am looking for more of these inexpensive cotton duck pillows so if anyone runs across any...give me a call!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What amazing ideas!! Amy I am so impressed by your talent and your friend Rachel too. You should open a store and make some money with these ideas!! Thanks for sharing!
Christie

Anonymous said...

Love the pillow...I got your name over at Kari & Kijsa's blog.

I will be back often...

Nice to meet you,
Kathy :)
jokaj@comcast.net