Thursday, January 29, 2009

Praying for my Grandmother today...

I am devoting this entire day to praying for my grandmother. I always pray for her, but today, God gets to hear me talk about her all day.

My grandmother is 90, but has never acted a day over 30! This past year there have been many times when her aging body has let her down, and those times are more frequent now and the "rebounding" is not as long. This week I have spent a lot of time with her in the hospital. She is not doing very well, and seems to be so restless. While she sleeps many hours of the day, and is too tired to speak to me, we are communicating in a very unique way. When I announce that I am in the room, she will blink and look my way. As I rub her back, stroke her hair and kiss her forehead, she smiles. Each time I lay my hand on her, I thank my God for her life and pray that she is not in pain.

Wanted to share a few pictures of my beautiful grandmother. Did I mention that she has no wrinkles on her face for 90?? Wow...gotta stay outta that sun! What an amazing legacy she is to all of us!

Here she is at the beach with the kiddos in 2007


With my kids at Thanksgiving this year.


Here is what she wanted to do for her 90th birthday!



Her party with my son



Campbell and Grandmother have a very special relationship

3 comments:

Mrs. McB said...

What a wonderful dedication to your grandmother. I am praying for both you and her. I understand the importance of a special bond with grandparents!! It's very special.

Lindy said...

Hi. You don't know me from Adam, but I will be praying for you and your grandmother. My grandmother (Gamma) was my best friend. I lost her this past June, but treasure every moment I had with her. Southern Grandma's and their granddaughter's have a special bond. I will keep you both in my prayers and pray for a swift recovery for your grandmother. Your grandmother is beautiful, by the way.

Miss Janice said...

Bless her heart! I will pray for your precious pretty grandmother for you as well! What a sweet, but sad post!