Monday, August 8, 2011

Bringing COLOR to a DARK world!



In just 4 days I will be traveling to Niger, West Africa with a team of 7 of the most amazing people I have ever met!  To say that we are a little excited would be an understatement.  It is amazing to me how God orchestrates his plans so perfectly and without a single detail missed.  
When I placed my name on the trip 'interest' list last April, I had no idea that I would be taking my paint brushes with me.  In fact, probably was looking forward to not painting for a few weeks.  However, God never wastes an opportunity to use anybody.  My talent, well, He gave that to me.  Why would He not have me tell others about Him while using my paint brush?  Duh!
As God created something from nothing, I will be teaching the women of Ayorou and Boubon about how God created and sent His son to die through bible stories and blank canvases.  My prayer is as they pick up their brushes and begin to paint that they will understand God is a creator, an artist. In fact, He is the first creator and the first artist. He had everything imaginable and unimaginable at His disposal when he created. It was a palette of raw materials and colors that He used to make what we see around us, what we don't see, and what we haven't seen yet. The wonders and beauty that came out of that palette are amazing and awe inspiring.  If God created us all in His own image, then we all have some form of creativity and artistry in us. 
While my lack of confidence and hesitancy of painting with a group of non-English-speaking women could cripple me, I know that that my GOD is going to show up in a mighty way and do only what He can do!!!  
Praying that I can show the colorful love of Christ to the women who live in this very dark part of the world!

No comments: